Leading NEASA, Gerhard Papenfus fights at the forefront of industry to protect and empower employers across South Africa. As the voice of NEASA, he is a regular on TV and radio, as well as mainstream newspapers and related media. Gerhard and his team at NEASA continue making a difference for employers in the South African labour law regime.
NEASA is the largest employers’ association in South Africa
Insights from Chief Executive Gerhard Papenfus
Labour law litigation in South Africa, especially for smaller business, is an extremely risky, time consuming and potentially very expensive process. It is therefore NEASA’s goal to provide employers, even micro businesses, with affordable, quality legal representation in labour disputes.
NEASA has already proven itself as the most trusted voice in legal representation of employers. However, there is always a continuous strive towards perfection. Currently, NEASA employs a team of more than 50 highly specialised labour law experts. Our experts annually provide legal representation to employers in excess of 38000 interventions at the workplace, CCMA, bargaining councils and Labour Court.
NEASA’s growth into the institution that it is today, can be attributed to the execution of a vision that benefits all businesses, regardless of size, coupled with the hard work of a talented and dedicated team of people. Each and every one of our highly skilled, dedicated employees play a vital role in the success of NEASA.
NEASA plays a critical role in assisting employers to realise their potential to drive change in the labour market. We aid employers to reclaim their rightful role as drivers of economic growth and prosperity. NEASA strives to create a more flexible labour market, which stimulates job creation and entrepreneurship.
NEASA will continue its mission to drive labour market reform and lobby government on legislation that can potentially negatively impact business.
NEASA has a nationwide footprint, with permanent offices in Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein, East London, George and Kimberley.
NEASA has a distinguished track record:
• We provide employers with access to affordable, top-quality legal representation in labour law disputes. As far as this service is concerned, NEASA’s legal services are unmatched in South Africa.
• Our comprehensive industrial relations services are unequalled.
• NEASA provides a 24/7 national hotline and unlimited access to our online industrial relations resource library.
• As far as collective bargaining is concerned, NEASA is currently the biggest employers’ party in the Metal and Engineering Industry Bargaining Council (MEIBC). In addition to this, NEASA is also a formidable player in the Motor- and Road Freight Bargaining Councils.
• NEASA’s successes in challenging unlawful government actions detrimental to employers in the Labour Court are unmatched.
• NEASA’s lobbying for employer rights in the media and parliament is without equal.
• NEASA’s extended reach into the business environment manifests through the following NEASA affiliates:
– NEASA Commerce (Pty) Ltd offers employers the opportunity to gain access to and participate in international markets through trade and investment;
– NEASA Labour Compliance (Pty) Ltd provides employers with skills development, employment equity and B-BBEE services and training; and
– NEASA’s Youth Internship Program affords employers the opportunity to empower the youth by providing workplace experience to young graduates through SETA funded internships.
Read some of the latest content from Gerhard Papenfus
... navigating through the COVID-19 LOCKDOWN scandal ... TERS-FUNDING SURVEY 1 JUNE 2020 32% of employers still haven’t received their April UIF/TERS monies Of the 68% of employers who received payment, only 32% were paid in full. Henceforth this survey will apply for...
DO NOT DOUBT GOD’S ABILITY Dear fellow believer You may find yourself on the verge of something very exciting. Your reliance on the false security this world has to offer, has been shaken. You do not know what to do next. In front of you is a closed door; beyond the...
OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT 13 May 2020 Mr. MC Ramaphosa The State President Republic of South Africa Dear Mr President The National Employers’ Association of South Africa (NEASA), the organisation I represent, consists of thousands of employers/businesses, all...