… navigating through the COVID-19 lockdown predicament …
AMENDED REGULATIONS ANNOUNCED
ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL ONE
The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, tonight, reduced the Covid-19 Alert Level to an adjusted Alert Level One.
The Minister has indicated that the following amended regulations remain applicable:
- gatherings are permitted, subject to a maximum of 1000 people indoors and 2000 people outdoors or 50% of capacity for smaller venues;
- no mention has been made of an amendment to regulations applicable to funerals, therefore the limitation that funerals may only be attended by a maximum of 100 people and night vigils are not permitted remains;
- business premises must determine the maximum number of employees permitted on the premises to accommodate a 1.5-meter distance between employees;
- curfew has been lifted, consequently no curfew will be enforced;
- sale of alcohol, on-site and off-site, is permitted subject to licensing requirements; and
- all establishments, with the possible exception of nightclubs, are permitted to operate subject to a limitation of 1000 people indoors and 2000 people outdoors or 50% of capacity for smaller venues.
We will keep members abreast of developments in this regard.
For more information:
NEASA Media Department