… navigating through the COVID-19 LOCKDOWN predicament …
AMENDMENT OF REGULATIONS
The President, last night, discussed the Alert Level 3 lockdown regulations, as announced on 28 December 2020.
The President indicated that the regulations, as announced on 28 December 2020, with only an amendment to the curfew, will remain.
Therefore the following regulations remain applicable:
• all indoor and outdoor gatherings are prohibited, except for certain excluded businesses including restaurants, museums, gyms and casinos;
• non-essential establishments, including bars, shops and restaurants, must close at 20:00;
• funerals may only be attended by 50 people;
• business premises must determine the maximum number of employees permitted on the premises to accommodate a 1.5-meter distance between employees;
• curfew is reduced to between 21:00 and 5:00;
• every person is compelled to wear a mask in a public space. It is a criminal offence not to do so and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment;
• the sale of alcohol on- or off-site is prohibited; and
• all beaches, dams, rivers, public parks, pools and lagoons in hotspots are closed.
• The 20 land borders that are currently open will be closed until 15 February 2021 for general purposes, except for the transport of fuel, cargo, or goods, or for emergency medical treatment, South Africans returning home, diplomats and daily travellers to South Africa for educational purposes.
We will keep members abreast of further developments.
NEASA 24/7 NATIONAL HOTLINE: 086 016 3272
(please have your membership number at hand)
For more information:
NEASA Media Department
We are all in this together.
Privileged and challenged to be South African.