TERS REGULATIONS UPDATED
The Department of Employment and Labour has issued amended directives in terms of the TERS-funding scheme.
The regulations are not a massive departure from the previous regulations but have clarified the following issues:
• the TERS benefit is available for employees who had to take annual leave during the lockdown;
• employers must file the application on behalf of its employees;
• employers who required employees to take annual leave during this period may set-off any funding received from the TERS scheme against the amount paid to an employee in terms of annual leave, provided that the employee is credited with the proportionate annual leave days;
• employers, under the scope of a Bargaining Council which has entered into an agreement with the UIF, do not need to apply through the Council if they have already applied to the UIF directly prior to the agreement being concluded; and
• employers are encouraged to advance payments to employees and recover such amounts from the TERS.
Please click here to view the directives.
NEASA 24/7 NATIONAL HOTLINE: 086 016 3272
We are all in this together.
Privileged and challenged to be South African.