I share with you what has inspired me this morning.
3. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
4. When he had finished speaking, He said to Simon, ‘Put out into deep water, and let the nets down for a catch.’
5. Simon answered, Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I
will let down the nets.’
6. When they had done so they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.
7. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats
so full that they began to sink.
Here is the message which I got out of this piece of scripture:
– God’s word and our commercial activity is fused; it flows into each other. We do not move out of the one into
the other. God is acutely aware of our circumstances.
– God wants us to operate in the deep, beyond our abilities, where we are forced to rely fully on Him. Real wealth
does not lie open in shallow waters for all to see; its in the deep where Gods points it out: ‘Isa 45:3: I will give
you treasures of darkness, and hidden riches stored in secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, which
call you by your name, is the God of Israel’.
– We must lower our nets where God, through His Spirit, shows us to; and only when He tells us to. He knows
where the school of fish is and when it passes. Live close to Him in order to hear His voice; wait upon Him.
– Share, and let others share, in His abundance.
I wish you a glorious day.