UPDATE ON SEIFSA AND NUMSA’S ATTEMPT TO HAVE THEIR AGREEMENT EXTENDED TO NON-PARTIES
Dear Industry Employer
Just in case employers feel uncertain about the status of this matter, please note the following:
• the agreement has not been extended;
• in fact, the Minister of Labour has as yet not been requested to do so;
• even in the unlikely event that it is extended, it will not be done retrospectively (backdated);
• employers are advised not to take any action at this stage;
• NEASA will advise members promptly of any developments; and
• guide members on appropriate action going forward.
Seifsa is currently promoting training events in, what they call, the ‘new main agreement’. Please note that, what Seifsa calls a ‘new main agreement’, does not exist. This training can, at best, be training regarding the private agreement between Seifsa and NUMSA.
Should you have any queries please contact our hotline on 086 016 3272.