STEEL INDUSTRY WAR!
All indications are that Seifsa remains committed to extend their Steel Industry/SMME hostile agreement with Numsa to non-parties.
Even in attempting to do so, Seifsa, once again, illustrates the most severe form of contempt for employers not party to this agreement, mainly SMMEs in the Industry. In doing so they are also illustrating extreme arrogance.
WE WILL FIGHT, TOOTH AND NAIL, ANY ATTEMPT TO EXTEND THEIR AGREEMENT TO US!
In setting out to extend their agreement with Numsa, Seifsa, representing only 12 percent of employers in the Industry, is acting like a ‘colonial invasion force’. Their conduct in relation to the rest of the Industry constitutes an ‘act of (Industry) aggression’ and the ‘declaration of an (Industry) war’.
To Seifsa we repeat, once again:
• employers in the Steel Industry reject with contempt your agreement with Numsa;
• we eagerly accept the challenge imposed on us by you; and
• the Steel Industry will not tolerate you any longer.
A call to action to all employers in the Steel Industry:
• those employers who are already members of NEASA but wish to play an even more influential role in shaping affairs in the Industry, can do so by clicking here;
• those employers who are, as yet, not members of NEASA, but wish to join click here; and
• Seifsa affiliated employers, whose consciences dictate that they can no longer support unlawful and Industry destructive conduct, can escape from the Seifsa web by clicking here.
The era of procrastination, of half measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays is coming to a close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences.