AMSA vs THE STEEL DOWNSTREAM
… and Trump’s duties
Isn’t it strange how events can conspire to expose lies, half-truths and self interest?
Who would have thought that the duties Donald Trump has recently introduced would do just that?
WHEN TRUMP INTRODUCED HIS 25 PERCENT DUTIES:
• the dti assisted AMSA in applying for an exemption for AMSA; and
• Seifsa added its weight to the debate, stating that ‘the exclusion from the US market an estimated 310,000 steel related jobs are at risk’. Really?
COMPARE THE ABOVE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• although TRUMP’s duties may pose a risk of some sort to AMSA, the danger to South Africa is the 22 percent duties, protecting AMSA, severely threatening the SA Steel Downstream;
• the 310,000 job-risk is caused by AMSA, not the US;
• the dti protects AMSA – regardless: whether it is against the US or against the SA Downstream; and
• Seifsa shows where their loyalty lies.
Now that the truth is out – for the sake of those downstream companies that are now affected from both sides – I WISH AMSA ALL THE BEST WITH THEIR EXEMPTION APPLICATION